What is Diploma in Taxation?
The Diploma in Taxation (DIT) is a local qualification in Taxation developed by the Philippine Association of Certified Tax Technicians (PACTT), Inc. The Diploma in Taxation (DIT) will help you acquire knowledge in taxation, update them and eventually apply them in practice.
- COLLEGE LEVEL
- Must be a STUDENT OF BUSINESS course (e.g. BSA, BSBA, BSFA, etc) who have completed and passed a minimum of three (3) units in Taxation, as certified by the school registrar or by his dean/department chairperson; and
- Must have passed the examination given by the Philippine Association of Certified Tax Technicians, Inc. (PACTT).
- COLLEGE GRADUATE
- Took the examination for Certified Tax Technicians (CTT) but narrowly slipped the passing grade, or earned a passing score but failed to meet the minimum grade (20%) in Part 1 of the examination; or
- A Certified Tax Technician (CTT) but still interested to earn a Diploma in Taxation.
II. APPLICATION & DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS for Paragraph I (1) (College Level)
- Duly accomplished Application Form (DIT-01).
- Certification from the school registrar or department chair/dean that the applicant has complied with the academic requirement in Paragraph I (1)(a) above.
- Examination Fee of One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty (P1,250.00) Pesos.
III. COVERAGE/PROCEDURE OF EXAMINATION for College Level Examinees
- Income tax
- Estate tax and donor’s tax
- Value-added tax and other percentage taxes
- Real property tax and local business taxes
- Type of Questions
- Test 1 – Multiple Choice Questions – 60%
- Test 2 – Tax Practice – 40%
- Passing score: 60% with no grade lower than 30% in Test 1 and 20% in Test 2.
IV. BENEFITS OF A DIPLOMA HOLDER IN TAXATION
- Additional credential and/or qualification.
- Will be constantly informed of the latest updates in Taxation.
- Tax Advice – A holder of Diploma in Taxation may seek tax advice from his co-holders thru a facebook account which is strictly exclusive for Diploma Holders only.
V. DIPLOMATE IN TAXATION COMPARED TO A CERTIFIED TAX TECHNICIAN
- CTT – member of the Philippine Association of Certified Tax Technicians (PACTT)
DIT – not a member
- CTT – may apply for a Diploma in Taxation (Lateral Entry), subject to certain requirements
DIT – may apply as CTT upon passing the examination for Certified Tax Technicians.
Guidelines on how CERTIFIED TAX TECHNICIANS can apply for a DIPLOMA in TAXATION (LATERAL ENTRY)
-No available guidelines for lateral entry at the moment.